NOTE: The area of Chickasaw Nation where some of these folks lived is now in Marshall Co., OK. "IT" stands for Indian Territory. Oklahoma was created as a state in November 1907.
aft = after; bef = before; c = circa (about); d = died
- - - - - - - - - -
my great-grandparents (4th generation)
8. LEMONS / LEMMONS, William A. (Alfred William A.) (alias Burrell ODENWOOD / OATENWOOD / OTTENWOOD) [c1858 Montgomery Co., AR - aft 1913 (1916-17?)] married second c1882-85 in (Lebanon?) Chickasaw Nation, IT to
9. HILLSBERRY, Clara, formerly Mrs. ______ TAYLOR [c1866-70? IL - 1890s (Lebanon?) Chickasaw Nation, IT]. One child: Clarence Levi. Clara married third to B. Howard ARTERBERRY.
- - - - - - - - - -
my great-great-grandparents (5th generation)
16. LEMMONS, James B. [c1809 TN - 1860s (Polk Co., AR?)] married by 1838 in TN to
17. CABLER, Mary E., said to be a full blood Indian (Cherokee?) adopted by Harris CABLER, [c1821 TN - c1877-80 (bef 1880 census) (Polk Co., AR?)]. Known children: Sarah A. Jane PIRTLE, Ellen B. Paralee, Nancy Elizabeth RICHARDS, James K. Polk, Milton T., Julia Charlotte Tellitha Caroline LANE, Mary, Donna Senora, William A. and Nicholas. (Mary's surname may have been HEAD.)
18. HILLSBERRY, Abraham [1841 Cumberland Co., PA - Nov 1895 in or near Lebanon, Chickasaw Nation, IT (Marshall Co., OK)] married 22 Feb 1866 in Champaign Co., IL to
19. BRAKE, Elizabeth [d 12 Aug 1890 Chickasaw Nation, IT (OK)]. Known children: Clara TAYLOR LEMONS ARTERBERRY, Henry, James William, Charles, Amanda "Mandy" ARTERBERRY and two daughters, names unknown.
- - - - - - - - -
my great-great-great-grandparents (6th generation)
32. LEMMONS, William [c1781 or earlier - killed at Battle of New Orleans 23 Dec 1814 during War of 1812] married Jul-Aug 1802 in Williamson Co., TN to
33. COX, Sarah [c1781 - living by 1860 in Polk Co., AR]. Known children: Nancy McKINLEY, Jane (Fine) STRATTON, James B., Mary BURR and William Alvin / Alvis.
34. CABLER / COBLER, Harris [c1783-85 NC - 1863 (Polk Co.?) AR] married 15 Nov 1812 in Davidson Co., TN to
35. EDNEY, Sarah [c1794 TN - aft 10 Jan 1877 (Polk Co., AR?)]. Harris and Sarah CABLER were said to have adopted (#17) Mary E. CABLER. Mary was listed as one of Harris' heirs on a Polk Co., AR record. Until proof on the relationship shows otherwise, this line is included. Known children: John Dunham, Nicholas William, Alfred Alson, Mary E. LEMMONS, Thomas H., Charlotte P. WHISTENANT, Milton and Julia L. WEAR(AGE).
36. HILLSBERRY (HOCKENBERRY / HAUGHENBERRY / HILBARY, etc.), Harmon [c1810 PA - 4 Jan 1861 Champaign Co., IL] married c1829 in (Cumberland Co.?) PA to
37. (name unknown) [c1800-10 - c1847-50 (bef 1850 census) Cumberland Co., PA]. Eight children: Barbara Ann WALTON? ROUSE McLAIN PAINTER, William, Moses, Aaron, Mary Jane CASDORF, David, Abraham and Catherine KNELL.